WHY CAN I NOT JOIN THE CLASS FROM WHEN I DISCOVER I AM PREGNANT?
This policy is in place to ensure that baby is past the 1st trimester and therefore past the risk period of miscarriage. As dates may not be confirmed until your dating scan, I therefore err on the side of caution and insist that mums-2-be must be a minimum of 16 weeks pregnant in order to join the class. If you wish to join from 12 weeks pregnant you need to get specific permission from your doctor.
WHAT IF I AM ALREADY ATTENDING ONE OF YOUR CLASSES WHEN I GET PREGNANT?
If you are already attending my standard classes you can continue attending the class that you are presently in but with some modifications applied that will be discussed with you on a 1-2-1. Unfortunately if you are already attending another class elsewhere, you will still have to wait until you are 16 weeks pregnant to join the ante natal class. It is not possible to join one of my standard classes if you are pregnant. These precautions are in place to maintain the highest levels of safety for both mum and baby.
MY DOCTOR IS NOT HAPPY FOR ME TO ATTEND, BUT I WANT TO ATTEND, CAN I STILL ATTEND?
I would strongly advise not attending if you GP feels that you should not attend. Your doctor is free to contact me should he/she have any questions or concerns. Sometimes your GP may be not be happy to give you the go ahead to attend, in this instance you should discuss attending with your maternity hospital doctor.
How does the payment system work
When you book in you may the minimum amount. It is assumed that you will be staying on until your baby arrives so about two weeks or more before payment is due I text everyone to ensure that they are staying on before payment is processed. If you don’t want to continue with the classes please let me know as soon as possible as this ensures that no payment is taken off your card details and also that the next person on the waiting list has as much notice as possible of their start date. If I don’t have a payment card on file for you then your space will not automatically be kept for you. Should you wish to pay by cash, you should bring this with you on the week before payment is due to avoid the payment being put through your card on file.
What happens when I attend for my 1st Class:
1. Arrive on time as arranged, you will be paired with another mum2B who is familiar with how the classes run and they will show you the bathroom, where equipment is kept etc.
2. In the Land class, please take a place towards the top of the room (windows) so that you are close to Adeline during the class.
3. You do not need to bring any equipment unless you are getting into the pool, then you should bring indoor flip-flops/towel and swimsuit with you. Ideally arrive wearing your swimsuit.
4. If you park in the Medical Centre car-park please bring your parking ticket with you avail of free parking. See this link for directions.
5. If you are getting into the pool, please read the pool guidelines before you arrive and ensure not to attend if you have any of the conditions detailed on your assessment form which is sent after you complete this form.
6. Try not to have much to do after the class and stay hydrated. It maybe worth while discussing what we talked about in class with your birth partner. Also usually you are given some reading homework to complete after the class.
What happens in the class:
The Land class is held upstairs in the Pilates studio and lasts for 40 minutes, for about 15 minutes before/after the class starts, we have a chat about topics relating to pregnancy, labour and after baby arrives. There can be ladies from 13-40+ weeks gestation in the class.
The Aqua class is held downstairs in the pool beside the Physiotherapy treatment room. We exercise for 25-30 minutes and chat about pregnancy etc related topics for the duration of the class. Max number in the pool is 10 mum’s and babies 🙂