Antenatal assessment form. Please complete asap so that Adeline can review it in advance of you starting.
Please read info about the pool in this link. Feel free to discuss this document with myself, you GP or Hospital Doctor if you wish. Some GP’s would prefer that you discuss attending exercise classes with the Hospital doctor.
Facebook group Please join this group as several topics are discussed that relate to the class.
All classes are held in Celbridge Medical center (Opposite the church, NOT beside Lidl and Tesco).
The pool classes are held downstairs at the back of the building beside the physio room
The land classes are held upstairs in the Pilates room, stairs is beside the physio room and the downstairs bathrooms.
What do I do now?
1) Please fill in the Antenatal Assessment form
2) Please read the pool information link
3) Practice the Pelvic floor exercise a few times before you attend the land Pilates class (See below)
4) Adeline will contact you to arrange your start date for the class and to organise payment by credit/laser card over the phone. Please note that payment is required by credit/laser card in order to confirm your space and this payments taken over the phone when I am booking you in, even if you are not starting for a few weeks and will show on your Bank statement as Walsh’s Pharmacy. If you book a space but don’t provide card details then your space will be offered to the next person who wishes to book in.
5) Your mobile number will be added to the text list for Antenatal classes and the Postnatal and Baby Massage classes classes after your due date, your details will not be shared with any third parties.
**Please note that it is a rolling programme that you are joining, there is no start or finish date for the classes. This means that most of the people in the class with you will have been attending for between a few weeks to a few months, Sometimes this is a little daunting but the classes are run in an informal way so mums2B usually settle in within a few classes. Also there is no problem arriving late to either class so keep coming even if you are going to be a bit late. You may start on either a pool or a land class depending on which class falls on the week that you are able to start.
LAND AND POOL CLASSES ALTERNATE EVERY 2ND WEEK SO ONE WEEK IS A LAND BASED PILATES CLASS AND THE FOLLOWING WEEK IS A POOL CLASS, DUE TO LIMITED SPACE IN THE POOL, THERE ARE 4 DIFFERENT POOL TIMES AVAILABLE AND YOUR START DATE IS DETERMINED BY POOL SPACE AVAILABILITY WHICH IS DECIDED BY WHEN BABIES IN THAT CLASS ARE DUE TO ARRIVE.
Land Pilates Class:
Wear something comfortable but don’t worry if you arrive in your work clothes, shoes are taken off.
Bring a swimsuit or bikini, a towel and INDOOR only flip-flops. Outdoor footwear is not permitted anywhere in the changing rooms or pool area. If you forget your swim gear, I may have spare gear and towels here.
You are in the pool for a 25-30 minutes maximum due to the temperature of the water (see pool information).
You need to arrive 5-10 minutes before the class starts to get changed and allow 5-10 minutes afterwards to change back into your regular clothes.
Pelvic Floor Exercise
Please practice this exercise a few times before you attend your first class ideally when you have to collect a urine sample.
Make sure you are sitting comfortably on the toilet and that your tummy is totally relaxed…..Then….
1. While passing water on the loo…..
2. Completely relax your tummy and then
3. Attempt to stop the flow of urine…
4. …….While you are breathing out (blow out).
5. Feel the muscles that are working. These are your pelvic floor muscles.
6. Remember them for your class tonight, as we will be using them again.
NB: Make sure that you completely empty your bladder after doing this exercise.
This exercise should be attempted once a month.